Who are we?
We are a young, entrepreneurial global expert in connectivity and data management services, focusing exclusively on the media and entertainment industry. In short, we allow creatives to collaborate on content wherever they are in the world. We do this by providing an extensive range of SaaS/PaaS solutions backed up by unrivalled technical support which enables them to manage and transfer valuable and critical content quickly, securely and effectively. Our media network is the largest and most established private, high-performance network for the media industry connecting the leading studios, production and post-production facilities across the globe.
As a Cost and Pricing Manager reporting to the Head of Project Management Office (PMO) you will be part of the Operations team and PMO. You will be responsible for Network Supplier/Carrier relationships, managing the related budgets and cost reporting in addition to being responsible for pricing on network products and services. Working with a team of project managers and analysts, you will play a leading role in improving management of suppliers in addition to driving continuous system and process improvements relating to cost and pricing management.
The role will be hands-on in nature, meaning you will be working on multiple initiatives at once at a low level of detail. This will require a varied skill set across commercial negotiation, financial analysis, cost reporting and budgeting, business system administration and data analysis. The role responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and new carrier and network infrastructure suppliers to the business.
- Investigate suppliers for network upgrades and new build outs and negotiate solutions and costs with providers.
- Recommend and execute on savings projects and opportunities.
- Track and report on key network supplier costs, competitive cost reviews and network expansion/contract opportunities.
- Enhance and develop systems and processes for managing approvals of network supplier costs.
- Work with Finance to resolve supplier invoice queries against agreed tariffs.
- Manage renewals of network supplier contracts to ensure cost reductions are maximised and that direct supplier cost commitments are in tandem with corresponding customer contracts.
- Manage commercial aspects of renewals of network support and licensing contracts
- Take lead on proactively reviewing and negotiating with suppliers to obtain the best possible pricing (e.g growth & bulk-buy incentive agreements) and value-add services with our suppliers which will ultimately drive cost savings.
- Attend regular meetings with other operations departments to discuss supplier related issues and take away actions to resolve.
- Work with Sales Operations to ensure updates to supplier costs are incorporated into pricing for network services and products.
- Responsible for the systems and processes for managing the day to day network pricing requests from the Sales teams.
- Assisting the operations team with pricing requests and taking lead on complex pricing and RFPs as needed.
- Perform retrospective service profitability analysis on network products. Run margin and win/loss analysis, proposing revisions to price lists where suitable.
- Conduct regular market and competitive analysis of Sohonet pricing to benchmark in relation to other service providers.
- Play a key role in reviewing existing systems and processes used across cost and price management, with the goal of driving efficiency improvements and cost & price effectiveness.
- Work hands-on with IT systems (e.g Salesforce, SAP Concur) from an administration perspective to assist with driving solution designs and system improvements in line with business requirements.
- Prepare reports and presentations by collecting, analysing, and summarising the information for the intended audience.
- Liaise and work closely with internal departments including the wider operations team, project managers, Business analysts, finance team, engineering teams, and support engineers.
- Adhere to the Company’s standards, procedures and documentation.
Skills & Education
- BA/BS in an analytical field (e.g., Mathematics, Business, accounting, Finance or a related field).
- Extensive skills in financial reporting, data analysis, commercial negotiating and customer pricing disciplines with a track record of delivering successful initiatives and positive changes to the business.
- Expert knowledge of and experience with tools such as Excel/Google Sheets.
- Any technical skills across IT systems such as Salesforce and SAP Concur would be a bonus
- 5+ years of experience in a Purchasing / Finance / Analytical role (previous experience for an ISP or telecommunications carrier would be highly advantageous).
- Analytical mind with aptitude in maths.
- Should have basic Business Finance experience with solid experience in financial analysis, budgeting and reporting.
- Willingness to get hands-on with IT systems and databases for the purpose of reviewing and implementing changes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on delivering high quality documentation.
- Comfortable in an informal environment where teamwork, accessibility and pragmatism are emphasised.
- First class interpersonal, communication and leadership skills at all levels within an organisation, across all departments and professional disciplines.
- Outgoing personality who will develop the reputation of Sohonet with customers, suppliers and within the industry.
- An individual who possesses excellent organisation skills.
- Bright intellect with a depth and breadth of personal and professional experiences.
- Hold themselves and others accountable for results.
Attached to Soho Street, London office (hybrid role)
Head of PMO
Why you want to work for Sohonet
Sohonet is the global expert in connectivity, media services and network security for the media and entertainment industry. We allow creatives to work on content wherever they are in the world by providing an extensive range of solutions which enable them to transfer and store valuable and critical content quickly or to collaborate securely in real-time. And all of this is backed up by our unrivalled 24/7 technical support. The Sohonet Media Network is the largest and most-established private, high-performance network for the media industry and connects over 450 of the leading studios, production and post-production facilities around the world.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://www.sohonet.com/jobs/ and complete the easy-to-use on-line application process in this section of our website. Sohonet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on any basis and recognize all applicable legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.