The Key Account Director at Sohonet is responsible for working with assigned customers and selected target prospects to support their adoption of Sohonet services, continuously educate them, solve administrative issues, build deeper and wider relationships within the accounts, upsell additional services and ultimately, renew their contracts to retain and expand their monthly recurring revenue with Sohonet.
Reports to: VP Regional Sales Director
Location: Los Angeles, CA
The Key Account Director at Sohonet is responsible for working with assigned customers and selected target prospects to support their adoption of Sohonet services, continuously educate them, solve administrative issues, build deeper and wider relationships within the accounts, upsell additional services and ultimately, renew their contracts to retain and expand their monthly recurring revenue with Sohonet. This is a sales role that requires renewing existing business, finding support opportunities to upsell those contracts and hunting across existing customers and selecting new prospects for opportunities to sell into. The approximate split across targets would be 75-80% selling into existing customers and 20-25% pursuing new logos sales within Tier 1 and 2 media targets. Requires extensive pipeline building and prospecting. The candidate must be highly motivated, extremely organised, results-oriented and possess outstanding communication and negotiating skills.
- Meet or exceed quarterly sales bookings goals.
- Structure and sell profitable solutions to drive growth at the top and bottom lines for Sohonet.
- Participate in regular team and 1-on-1 meetings to discuss advancing sales opportunities, removing blockers, deal structure and strategy.
- Contribute to a strong sales culture built around individual effort combined with teamwork, CRM and sales tool discipline, aggressively managing leads, “land and expand” account-based selling and a continuous focus on achievement.
- Build, strengthen and expand relationships with assigned accounts that include leading studios, networks, production and post-production companies, VFX shops, digital agencies and other selected media companies.
- Schedule and complete at least nine meetings per week with customers and prospects.
- Attend industry events, network and be immersed in the media and entertainment scene with the objective of building sustainable relationships that will lead to business opportunities and closed business.
- Work with internal cross-functional teams to advocate for clients, resolve sales blockers and to share information about specific customers and the overall market.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of Sohonet’s products and services and how they serve our customer’s needs, including features, advantages, and benefits, and key examples of usage
- Ensure Sohonet is represented in a professional and positive manner; be an evangelist for Sohonet.
Skills & Education
- University degree or equivalent
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- 8+ years related experience in media services, media/content-centric SaaS/PaaS or network services selling into the media and entertainment industry.
- Good understanding of network concepts and technologies.
- The candidate is experienced in both inside-sales as well as face-to-face sales of SaaS/PaaS platforms and services in the $5K – $100K ACV space.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proven presentation/demonstration and client interaction skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as individually.
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com and associated sales systems is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities and varying levels of complexity concurrently.
- Passion for solving media customer challenges with technology and services.
- Responsible, self-motivated and professional.
- Hands-on approach to tackling tactical as well as strategic work.
- Proven ability to operate effectively – and with velocity – in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial startup environment in which cross-functional teamwork and initiative is a must.A high level of energy with the ability and desire to work on advancing opportunities during standard, as well as non-standard, working hours.
- Ability to travel as required by the business.
- Must be a citizen of the United States or eligible to work in the US.
This position is based at Sohonet’s office in Soho (central London). This position is expected to be in Central London visiting not only the office but more importantly customers and prospects, at least three days a week.
Why you want to work for Sohonet
Sohonet is the global expert in connectivity, media services and network security for the media and entertainment industry. We allow creatives to work on content wherever they are in the world by providing an extensive range of solutions which enable them to transfer and store valuable and critical content quickly or to collaborate securely in real-time. And all of this is backed up by our unrivalled 24/7 technical support. The Sohonet Media Network is the largest and most-established private, high-performance network for the media industry and connects over 450 of the leading studios, production and post-production facilities around the world. Sohonet enjoys strong partnerships within the broadcast and film industry, supporting organizations such as the BFC, The Production Guild, SIGGRAPH, HPA, SMPTE, The Digital Production Partnership, AMWA, UK Screen Association, The Production Guild StudioSysAdmins, MESA and MESA Europe, and The Visual Effects Society.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://www.sohonet.com/jobs/ and complete the easy-to-use online application process in this section of our website. Sohonet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on any basis and recognise all applicable legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.