Job Title: Project Manager
Reports to: Product Development Team Lead
Location: Remote Working
Who are We?
We are a young, entrepreneurial global expert in connectivity and data management services, focusing exclusively on the media and entertainment industry. In short, we allow creatives to collaborate on content wherever they are in the world. We do this by providing an extensive range of SaaS/PaaS solutions backed up by unrivalled technical support which enables them to manage and transfer valuable and critical content quickly, securely and effectively. Our media network is the largest and most established private, high-performance network for the media industry connecting the leading studios, production and post-production facilities across the globe.
What we are looking for
- Maintain high standards and champion best practices whilst working in a demanding environment where your customer’s requirements include short production times, tight deadlines and large data volumes
- Be the leading person for front-end technologies
- Architect scalable systems and master complex engineering challenges, like high-speed data transfer, that are peculiar to the media industry
- Ensure the tools we build are measured so that we can trace exactly how customers are using our products and what makes them a success
- Keep on top of the latest technologies, participate in the agile process and work closely with your teammates to continually improve the development environments and practices
- 3+ years solid experience with React
- Familiar with the Django web framework or similar
- Exposure to any of the modern process agile frameworks: Kanban, Scrum, etc
- Exposure to building desktop apps with Electron.js is a plus
What you’ll get in return
- Learn new technologies – We won’t ever expect you to do the same thing day in day out; we want to give you the chance to explore the latest techniques to solve challenging technical problems and help you become the best engineer you can be
- The opportunity to make a difference – We’re here to transform the way the media industry works and communicates. The switch to digital delivery platforms has opened up the opportunity to introduce new tools and working methodologies
- Join a growing agile based team that is consistently delivering
- A great environment – We work in the heart of Soho
- Great Health and Benefits Package
- Relaxed Office Atmosphere
- Technical Development Program
- Referral Bonus Program
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Drinks, Fruit and Snacks
- Celebration lunches and Happy Hours
Why you want to work for Sohonet
Sohonet is the global expert in connectivity, media services and network security for the media and entertainment industry. We allow creatives to work on content wherever they are in the world by providing an extensive range of solutions which enable them to transfer and store valuable and critical content quickly or to collaborate securely in real-time. And all of this is backed up by our unrivalled 24/7 technical support. The Sohonet Media Network is the largest and most-established private, high-performance network for the media industry and connects over 450 of the leading studios, production and post-production facilities around the world. Sohonet enjoys strong partnerships within the broadcast and film industry, supporting organisations such as the BFC, The Production Guild, SIGGRAPH, HPA, SMPTE, The Digital Production Partnership, AMWA, UK Screen Association, The Production Guild, StudioSysAdmins, MESA and MESA Europe, and The Visual Effects Society.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://www.sohonet.com/jobs/ and complete the easy-to-use on-line application process in this section of our website. Sohonet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on any basis and recognise all applicable legally protected characteristics.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.