Job Title: Support Engineer – Sohonet Inc
Reports to: Head of Support, North America
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA
Who are Sohonet?
A young entrepreneurial global expert in connectivity and data management services focusing exclusively on the media and entertainment industry. Our Media Network is the largest and most established private, high-performance network for the media industry connecting the leading studios, production and post-production facilities across the globe. We enable creatives to collaborate on content wherever they are in the world. Driven by a passion for what we do – at Sohonet we’re determined to raise the bar on quality with our shared ambition and ‘can do’ attitude. Each of us brings something unique to the team, and working together we deliver the phenomenal, please come and join us on our fantastic journey!
Due to our continuing growth, Sohonet is looking for talented and highly motivated individual to immediately join its North American Network Support Team servicing its worldwide client base. The key duties include:
- Installation, configuration and deployment of network equipment
- On-going maintenance of all Sohonet equipment both within the Sohonet network and at client and third-party locations
- Provide telephone and email support to our clients
- Opportunity to travel in order to support domestic and international customers
Sohonet provides a unique and exciting challenge and recognises that talented individuals can come from a varied background, as such the candidate it is seeking are likely to have an interested in the following areas – or even a blend of both:
- An excellent in-depth understanding of computer networking, TCP/IP and VLANs a necessity
- Some understanding of routing protocols such as BGP & OSPF, with MPLS also being an advantage
- Experience with networking devices (switches, routers, firewalls, access points)
- Juniper, Brocade, Arista, Cisco, Palo Alto, Fortinet
- Experience of configuring Firewalls and establishing IPsec VPNs and next-generation fire walling
- System Administration of either Linux/Unix/BSD
- Experience in computing security concepts including an introduction to firewalls
- Experience in the construction and operation of complex systems including the following:
- Multi-tenanted high-performance storage
- High-performance computing
- Competent in programming/scripting language e.g. Python
Candidate backgrounds vary, but the following traits will ensure you are successful during your internship at Sohonet:
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Experience in dealing with technical and non-technical customer facing operations
- Effective organisation and time management skills
- Hold yourself and others accountable for results
- Practical, hands-on approach to problem-solving
- Minimum 1 year industry experience or related Technical Degree
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Salary & Benefits
Sohonet has an excellent benefits package and salary will be dependent on experience.
Why you want to work for Sohonet
Sohonet is the global expert in connectivity, media services and network security for the media and entertainment industry. We allow creatives to work on content wherever they are in the world by providing an extensive range of solutions which enable them to transfer and store valuable and critical content quickly or to collaborate securely in real-time. And all of this is backed up by our unrivalled 24/7 technical support. The Sohonet Media Network is the largest and most-established private, high-performance network for the media industry and connects over 450 of the leading studios, production and post-production facilities around the world. Sohonet enjoys strong partnerships within the broadcast and film industry, supporting organisations such as the BFC, The Production Guild, SIGGRAPH, HPA, SMPTE, The Digital Production Partnership, AMWA, UK Screen Association, The Production Guild, StudioSysAdmins, MESA and MESA Europe, and The Visual Effects Society.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://www.sohonet.com/jobs/ and complete the easy-to-use on-line application process in this section of our website. Sohonet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on any basis and recognise all applicable legally protected characteristics.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.