As a Technical Project Manager reporting to the Head of Project Management Office (PMO) you will be part of the Operations team and PMO. The primary responsibility will be to manage internal and external customer Sohonet projects from concept to delivery, as well as driving continuous service improvements and initiatives across the business.
Based: Marina Del Rey, CA
Reporting to: PMO
Who Are We?
We are a young, entrepreneurial global expert in connectivity and data management services, focusing exclusively on the media and entertainment industry. In short, we allow creatives to collaborate on content wherever they are in the world. We do this by providing an extensive range of SaaS/PaaS solutions backed up by unrivaled technical support which enables them to manage and transfer valuable and critical content quickly, securely and effectively. Our media network is the largest and most established private, high-performance network for the media industry connecting the leading studios, production and post-production facilities across the globe.
We recently acquired 5thKind, a leading cloud-based video collaboration platform for the Film and TV production industry. Over the last decade, 5th Kind has helped thousands of creatives streamline their workflows with a cloud-based asset management and discovery platform that enables key stakeholders to securely collaborate at a global scale, across the entire content lifecycle.
What is it like working here?
We’re driven by a passion for what we do: We take our work and that of our customers seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Each day, there are plenty of opportunities to roll up our sleeves and rise to the challenges that come at us. That means we are always on the lookout for the right mix of smarts, experience, attitude, attention to detail and humor. Each of us brings something unique to the team and working together we aim to create the incredible for our customers.
As a Technical Project Manager reporting to the Head of Project Management Office (PMO) you will be part of the Operations team and PMO. The primary responsibility will be to manage internal and external customer Sohonet projects from concept to delivery, as well as driving continuous service improvements and initiatives across the business. You will be managing multiple projects at once, which will be technical in nature. You will be expected to manage the work at a low-level of detail – this will require a varied skill set across project management, operational and business analysis, business systems and data analysis. The role responsibilities will include:
- Follow project management methodology principles to ensure project success and manage project performance within agreed tolerances for benefits, cost, scope, timescales, quality, and risk.
- Produce and assist with a range of project and operational artifacts including statements of work, project briefs, project plans, reports, dashboards, workflow diagrams, system overviews, user guides, project registers, presentations, and more.
- Developing solutions to operational issues through analyzing problems and processes, evaluating options, and engaging with subject matter experts and stakeholders.
- Analysing and producing reports from various datasets – this will be a mix of financial and operational data.
- Work with various arms of the business and stakeholders to analyze and document requirements and processes.
- Work hands-on with IT systems (e.g Salesforce) to assist with driving solution designs and system improvements in line with business requirements.
- Coordinate the preparation of detailed system drawings, layouts, schedules and any other information necessary to ensure that the services and systems can be installed according to specification.
- Prepare reports and presentations by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing the information for the intended audience.
- Liaise and work closely with internal departments including the wider operations team, project managers, finance team, engineer teams, and support engineers.
- Liaise and work closely with customers and suppliers to deliver projects and operational improvement initiatives.
- Ensure that all aspects of the current Health and Safety policy are observed.
- Adhere to the Company’s standards, procedures and documentation.
Skills & Education
- BA/BS in an analytical field (e.g. Engineering, Mathematics, Business or a related field).
- Extensive skills in project management, IT operations, and business analysis disciplines with a track record of delivering successful projects.
- Qualified PRINCE2 practitioner or similarly recognised qualification
- Expert knowledge of and experience with tools such as Excel/Google Sheets, Microsoft Project, OmniPlan, and JIRA.
- Knowledge of diagram tools such as MS Visio or OmniGraffle
- Any technical skills across IT systems such as Salesforce would be a bonus
- Based in Los Angeles and able to work from the Marina Del Rey office a minimum of 3 days per week (days flexible).
- 4+ years project management experience with a track record of success (experience for a service provider, ISP, data center provider, or telecommunications carriers would be highly advantageous).
- Experience in analyzing issues, documenting requirements, scoping work, evaluating and proposing solutions, and driving work to completion.
- Curiosity and desire to go in-depth to a low level of detail on systems, problems, processes, and solutions.
- Willingness to get hands-on with IT systems and databases for the purpose of reviewing back-end workflows, testing, and implementing changes.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail, as well as an ability to be thorough in all work endeavors.
- Solid experience in financial analysis and reporting – confident in working with financial datasets and reporting.
- Experienced in working with sales, finance, and engineering functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on delivering high quality documentation.
- Comfortable in an informal environment where teamwork, accessibility and pragmatism are emphasized.
- First class interpersonal, communication and leadership skills at all levels within an organization, across all departments and professional disciplines.
- Outgoing personality who will develop the reputation of Sohonet with customers, suppliers and within the industry.
- An individual who possesses excellent organization skills.
- Bright intellect with a depth and breadth of personal and professional experiences.
- Hold themselves and others accountable for results.
Hybrid role with a minimum of three days in Marina Del Rey office
Why you want to work for Sohonet
Sohonet is the global expert in connectivity, media services, cloud-based video collaboration and network security for the media and entertainment industry. We allow creatives to work on content wherever they are in the world by providing an extensive range of solutions which enable them to capture, transfer and store valuable and critical content quickly or to collaborate securely in real-time. And all of this is backed up by our unrivaled 24/7 technical support. The Sohonet Media Network is the largest and most-established private, high-performance network for the media industry and connects over 450 of the leading studios, production and post-production facilities around the world.
Sohonet enjoys strong partnerships within the broadcast and film industry, supporting organizations such as the BFC, The Production Guild, SIGGRAPH, HPA, SMPTE, The Digital Production Partnership, AMWA, UK Screen Association, StudioSysAdmins, MESA and MESA Europe, and The Visual Effects Society.
Sohonet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on any basis and recognize all applicable legally protected characteristics. [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.